Wednesday, May 11, 2011

White sweatshirts and toddlers just don't mix

I'm not a big fan of sweatshirts myself.  They go over your head and mess up your hair,when you take them off your shirt often flies up and exposes you to the world.  Now add a hyper toddler that doesn't want to sit still while you put something on his head and pull it off constantly and you end up with a cranky kid. 
sweatshirt before dyeing
The sweatshirt before dying. I forgot to take a picture before we wet it

My mom bought Garrett a sweatshirt that he still hasn't grown in to.  Beside it being a sweatshirt it was white.  Toddler and white don't mix. I thought green was a good color for Garrett so Ben and I went about dying the sweatshirt.
A nice green, with my ticket bowl in the background
I love the way the green came out.  1 issue down, 1 more to go.  Now I just needed to cut it and add a zipper to turn it in to a hoodie. I started with this YouTube tutorial and used the instructions for a separating zipper.  I forgot to take pictures while I was installing the zipper. Just make sure you watch the tutorial and then read the other instruction.  I liked being able to watch the video to get a visual of what I was doing. 

Garrett wearing the hoodie
Daddy getting him ready to go out


Now it's a hoodie he can wear without a fuss because it's so easy to get on and off of him. There's plenty of room for him to grow in to it and green looks great on him.

showing off the green jacket
Action Shot!

No comments: