Saturday, May 21, 2011

A new bag for an old bag.

And I swear my mom is going to kill me for that title. But at least she has a spiffy new bag.  I found a great home decor fabric in the remnant bin, I couldn't pass it up and had an idea for a bag.  When my mom visited for Mother's Day I showed her what I wanted to make her and she loved the idea.  The pattern is from One Yard Wonders, a great book that has given me tons of projects.

bag on chair
Finished bag wrapped around the chair
The catch was that mom wanted a different fabric for the interior which meant a trip to the fabric store (twist my arm) for the remaining items needed for the bag.  I'm glad I was able to go with mom to get everything else we needed so she could pick out the zipper and the webbing.  This way I knew she'd really love everything on the bag.
interior of bag
The lining fabric and pocket

The pattern was really simple and didn't take a long time.   I'll admit that I hope mom gets lots of compliments so she can reply "My daughter made it for me."

4 comments:

TheAngelForever said...

Gorgeous bag! Please keep us posted on all of the compliments your mother gets when using it.

Canary Singing CD said...

LOL, I'm sure your mother is going to chew your head off; but maybe that purse will soften the blow :)

teawithfrodo said...

 I told her about it before I sent the bag.  But I also wrote a really sweet note so I think that helped.

Adorepurses said...

 Dooney & Bourke Authentic All-Weather Leather Handbags
Adorepurses.com have hug collection of Handbags including Dooney & Bourke Authentic All-Weather Leather Handbags in the USA also International Orders Welcome
Dooney & Bourke Authentic All-Weather Leather HandbagsAdorepurses.com have hug collection of Handbags including Dooney & Bourke Authentic All-Weather Leather Handbags in the USA also International Orders Welcome