Monday, October 11, 2010

Top stitching- If at first you don't suceed...

I'm still learning the basics of sewing.  I'll be taking a sewing class on the 24th (had to reschedule due to the death in the family) but I wanted to get the feel of my machine and try out some basics before the class.  Most patterns include top stitching.  That's where I have a great deal of trouble.

I took some scrap fabric and practiced

 And kept on practicing until I got better at it.  It's going to take me some time to get used to it.

 And then I went back and tried sewing my project.  It wasn't the straightest top stitch but it was much closer to the edge.


 Take that top stitch!  You won't defeat me.













1 comment:

Launch Business in Delhi said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.