Friday, October 15, 2010

The bunnies are coming!

Remember those hand made gifts I was talking about? Well they've come in the form of bunnies. We've had some friends and family who recently had children and it's a great little stuffed animal to make.
What I really love is that it's a free and simple pattern from Wee Wonderfuls.  It's so much fun to make this bunny in different fun fabrics that reflect each family. 
I first encountered the Wee Wonderfuls bunny when I was pregnant with Garrett.  I was only knitting at that point and my friend Ali was sweet enough to make one of these adorable little guys.
Now that I'm sewing I looked up the pattern and realized it was pretty simple.  I picked out some colorful fabric and cut my pieces.
It came together really nicely and only took an afternoon to do.  If you're a more experienced or don't have a toddler running around you'll probably be able to do it in about 2 hours.

They're adorable and fun to make.  I love the way it came out.  Now I have a drawer full of different patterned bunnies.  Maybe they'll reproduce and I'll wake up to even more adorable, fun bunnies.


2 comments:

Ali said...

I'm totally so proud of you for making your own! The mushrooms are hilarious.

TeawithFrodo said...

I was looking at it going "I can do that."
I swear I forgot the ears, then forgot the tail. I ripped the seams on the first one about 3 times.

The fabric was a set of fat quilting quarters that I was going to use to make into magnets and pushpins.