Thursday, December 23, 2010

Visiting Bubbe for Christmas - oh the irony

I wonder if I'm the only one who finds it funny that Garrett gets to visit Bubbe for Christmas.

Normally we spend Christmas with Ben's folks. Especially since he comes from an Episcopalian family while mine is Jewish.   This year he has Christmas week off so we're going down to visit my mom in North Carolina.  It's the first time since my pregnancy that we've had anything even resembling a vacation and I'm stupidly excited about it.  This is also the first time Ben has come with me down to NC (since my mother moved from New York last year). 

My mother is truly a giving woman and has paid for our plane tickets.  She's also made it clear that we won't be paying for anything while we are visiting.   Ben and I are viewing it as "all expenses included" we really are so appreciative.

"I'm packed, let's go to Bubbe's"
Even Garrett is excited when he sees his carry on bag come out of the closet.  He knows that means we are going somewhere (we use it for his diapers).     Luckily Garrett is wonderful on the plane but we are packing a few toys and things to keep him occupied just in case.


We leave the 24th.  I'll have access to the internet and hope to be posting some updates while we're away.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy and safe holiday!

6 comments:

beautisulon said...

This is great and nice post I like this massage

Bulk shipping said...

I agree with everyone here this is a great post! I really find this useful especially reading other comments, this has really got my attention to look for my requirement,Thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.

Manila Directory said...

This is interesting. I always wanted a cat at home.

bijuteri said...

she is so cuteee:)

bijuteri said...

she is so cuteee:)

Manila Directory said...

This is interesting. I always wanted a cat at home.