Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blogging Award -passing it on

A few years ago when I first started my blog I received a blogger award from a fellow blogger. I never really write to get awards so today I was surprised to wake and and find that someone has found me worthy of anything blog award.
It was bestowed upon me by Barbara at Notes from the Second Half   


The tradition is to tell 5 random things about myself and then choose 5 other bloggers who I feel write from the heart and soul and pass the award on.


So, here are 5 random things about me:

1:  I was a huge Star Trek fan as a child.  Conventions and everything.  The only thing I ever collected in my life was Star Trek cards.  They're in a binder with a picture of Wil Wheaton.

2: I don't have favorites.  No favorite color, movie, food, game.  People think this is weird.  I just think I'm eclectic. 

3: I got married in a small civil ceremony done on the campus of the college from which I graduated.

4:  I have 5 tattoos.  All have very deep meanings to me.  All are in places that won't sag.

5: I always feel like I am boring and mostly uninteresting.  I know this isn't the case but I still feel that way.


The 5 bloggers I choose are:

1:  Samantha over at She's Not Broken, She's just a Baby  
Sam has been a close friend of mine since I was pregnant and blogs about her experience with PPD.

2:  Ali over at The Craning Gap
Another of my real life friends who writes such amazing prose about her family.

I love how she writes these letters for her daughter to see in the future.  So much love and honesty in each one.

Mother of twins, who writes with such amazing frankness that I love to read her posts.

A bold and honest mom I always look forward to her Wordless Wednesday posts.

4 comments:

Barbara L said...

I check in frequently to see what crafty things you are up to. You seem to enjoy yourself so!

TeawithFrodo said...

Sometimes I wonder how I have time for it all :)

Joella said...

You are awesome! Thank you so much! :)

TeawithFrodo said...

Joella: you deserve it. The letters to your daughter are so heartfelt.