Monday, March 7, 2011

I wish I could be a rubberband girl

Oh last night was indeed a saga for both myself and Ben. 
The first part of his flight went off without a hitch.  He flew into LaGuardia airport with no problem.  His connecting flight to Wilmington was delayed.  Then delayed some more, and more and canceled.  The next flight out from LGA that would get him there was Monday evening.  Now Ben is getting a bit panicked and I'm on the phone with him.  

His first idea was to rent a car and drive the 10 hours down there.  (This was at 10:30pm Sunday night).  There is only 1 car rental company that has 1 way cars available for that distance.  He gets to the counter and they tell him that he can't use his debit card.  We don't have any credit cards since declaring bankruptcy.  We just got our tax return so we ask them if they could just put a really large hold on the account or something.  Nope, so dejected Ben takes the shuttle back to the main terminals.

I get on the computer and call up companies at JFK and even Newark airport to see if they can rent him a car.  Then I look up the earliest flights down to Wilmington.  I find one leaving Newark at 6am with a layover in Charlotte and getting in to Wilmington at 10:30am.  I then reserve a car with budget for pick up at LGA and drop off at Newark.   (Keeping in mind that all his travel expenses will be reimbursed)
Ben calls the Budget cars from the kiosk and they tell him he needs a credit card.   I'm on the webpage and it says no such thing. So I call the LGA location and tell Ben to head over.  It turns out if he can show he flew in to LGA and is flying out of Newark they'll accept a debit card and put a $350 hold on it until the car is dropped off. 

Ben got to Newaark and even got to Wilmington at 8:30am.  He had been updating the company by voicemail all night long and they told him he was certainly the most tenacious person they had come across.

But back to last night.  It's midnight once all this is cleared up and I turned to Garrett and tell him it's finally time for us to go to bed. I'm in the middle of saying this when he projectile vomits all over the couch coating both me and himself.  I picked him up and put him in the empty bathtub in case he puked again while I stripped the couch (thank got for couch cushion covers) and threw it in the wash along with everything we were wearing.  We took a quick bath together and he fell asleep pretty quickly.   I didn't sleep. 

I swear, I didn't break any mirrors.


findit13 said...

WOW... I hope he gets the job, and your little one has stopped projectile vomiting! Things have to get better from here, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Hi, I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I am a new follower! :) love your blog!Erin

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Hi, I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I am a new follower! :) love your blog!Erin