Friday, October 24, 2008

Oiy

We have one shot...
Our insurance has a $10,000 lifetime maximum for fertility treatment. That's the cost of one cycle.

We're going to work out cycle around going to Denver for Thanksgiving. So for the next 5 weeks I actually need to take birth control to moderate my hormones. After that I'll be giving myself shot everyday.
I'll be needing lots of blood work and ultra sounds.
And then we'll be doing the IVF and ICSI

They are going to implant 2 eggs. This gives us a higher chance for success (and a 20% chance of having twins). But we need to increase our chances since we only have one shot to do this.

I'm so overwhelmed. I've been crying since I got home.
If this fails we can't afford to try again.

(and the first person to do the "everything will be alright" will get a swift kick in the nards)

No comments: