Monday, October 13, 2008

Family Stuff

Tomorrow my sister in law Kassie finds out the sex of the baby. I'm so excited to be an Aunt. I've knitted so much stuff for the baby. Plus Ben and I will be going out to Denver for Thanksgiving, so it will be nice to spend a few days with my brother and Kassie.
Everyone keeps asking if I'm jealous or if it's hard for me.
I couldn't be happier for them. Kassie had 2 miscarriage and had to give herself shots every day to make sure that her hormones were under control.

In other good news my mother has finished her radiation and seems to be doing really well. Her skin is basically burned where she had the treatments. But the Breast Cancer is gone. We're so lucky they caught it early. Luckily she tested negative for the BRACA gene...which means I don't have it.
But since her birth mother died from Breast Cancer I am still high risk.

Still not looking forward to the mammogram next month.

No comments: