I love projects that get me using scraps. I found this project a while back. My first attempt was a massive failure and the project disintegrated in my hands.
After having some nifty fabric bits left over from making a top I decided to try it again. I made a few changes.
1: Instead of wetting the entire "stabilizer sandwich" I used a spray bottle with warm water. I placed my circle over a bowl and sprayed and shaped it. It gave me much more control and I didn't have to worry about it falling apart.
2: I used extra stabilizer pieces and added them as I wet the bowl. I even added some extra fabric and thread to cover up any bare spots I saw.
It ended up taking more than overnight to dry but it didn't fall apart this time.