Friday, January 6, 2012

Crafter down

Yesterday I had a large reminder that I am indeed a hobbit.  And by that I mean I am short. 
I recently got a free stability ball (we know my love for free stuff) and it's been a source of lots of fun for Garrett and some good exercise for myself. 
Well...yesterday I got up and instead of kicking the ball out of the way I decided to step over it. I'm not sure exactly why I thought this would be a good idea with my stubby legs.  You see where this is going.  I fell and hurt myself pretty badly. Besides general bruising of my right knee I busted up the big toe on my right foot.  Which means my balance is off.  Worse than that I really badly torqued my left knee.


At least Ben is home to help out with the little guy, who doesn't seem to understand why mommy is now a gimp.
The good news in all of this is I have more time to work on the shawl I have been knitting for the past 2 years.  It's not a particularly difficult pattern, it just isn't easy to do with a toddler.

No comments: