Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Mod Podge where have you been all my life?

Why oh why did it take me so long to discover Mod Podge?  You come in so many varieties with different colors identifying each type.  With both my sewing machines (yes, I've acquired an embroidery machine) in their boxes I've been going through craft withdrawal.
I found this nifty ticket bowl tutorial that looked fun and easy.  I used the directions from one of the links to different ticket bowls.  Since I didn't want to wait for the tickets to arrive from Ebay I went and bought a roll of tickets from my local party store.

It was a little difficult pushing out the tickets into the bowl shape that I was happy with, but once that was done it was pretty simple. I used Glossy Mod Podge (the orange bottle) and put 2 coats on the inside and then  2 coats on the outside.    For the hole in the bottom I cut a circle out of card stock and another out of felt and glued them together then glued them to the bottom of the bowl. 

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the bowl.  I'm sure I'll find a use for it. Next time I'll get the ticket rolls from Ebay and go for some of the retro looking ones.

No comments: