Monday, April 4, 2011

A little surprise from Vistaprint

Sometimes posting on Twitter does pay off. 
If you haven't seen the post I previously had some problems with Vistaprint.  I decided to give them a second chance because they had a free postcard offer.  (Yes, I know I'm being super optimistic by getting moving postcards but it was a free offer and I didn't want to pass it up.)
The order arrived Saturday which was much earlier than expected.  I opened them up and the picture was crisp and clear.  No strange lines.  Except down the left side of half of them.  There was a white stripe from there they had been cut.  Since overall they looked good I really didn't see a reason to complain about it.  

I did end up tweeting "@vistaprint job looks good...except for the horrid cutting job that left half of the cards with a mm of white space on the left side."   Mostly because they wanted me to tweet them with how it came out.  I got another tweet from them today asking for the order number so they could look in to it.  I then got an email saying my Vistaprint order was being rush shipped to me and should be here by the 7th.  I wasn't expecting that.


Where does that leave me with Vistaprint?  When they do a good job it's great.  When they do a bad job the customer service wants to set it right.  My concern is that little things seem to go wrong all the time.  I will purchase from Vistaprint again in the future but I do hope they learn to have more consistency in their quality.

4 comments:

Lynne Crawford said...

We find you definitely get what you pay for. We've got a handful of things and if I can't afford to drop $80 on new business cards at Staples, I get Vistaprint to do it. It definitely is a much, much cheaper job and the quality is nowhere near the same...But it does in a pinch. But since we usually get the cards for somewhere in the amount of $10 between the artwork upload and the shipping, it works.

teawithfrodo said...

they can do great work. And at least they have wonderful customer service. I spent about $9 between shipping and the upload which was a lot less than I would have spent for 10 of them anywhere else.

Darlena Cunha said...

Irene, I have given you the Versatile Blogger award. I hope things look up soon!

http://parentwin.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-award.html

teawithfrodo said...

thank you!