Monday, November 14, 2011

Sometimes I just want a little girl to dress

When I see all the cute fabrics for girls and the great dress patterns it makes me wonder if I want a little girl (no, I'm fine with one child).
Because I get to make little girly dresses for friends and family.   I've been wanting to try my hand at a simple pillow case dress.  A friend asked if any of her crafty friends would be willing to donate items for a giveaway she was doing for families of people serving overseas.
I jumped at the chance to sew AND do a good deed.  She even brought me some fabric, it was a wonderful pink, orange and yellow sarong.  It wanted to be a dress for a little girl.
It was simple, easy and when they outgrow the dress they can wear it as a top.    Now I'm tempted to go make one for myself.

No comments: