Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chair cushions

What was I making all that bias tape for?
Cushions!
I love our new set, but alas, no cushions

Our new dining room chairs have a hard seat and it made my butt hurt. The solution was easy, find a pattern and make some cushions.  I couldn't decide which fabric I wanted to use so I decided to make mine double sided so I could switch them over if I wanted a change. I used a third fabric for the piping and ties that matched the 2 main fabrics I chose.
The green and yellow are the 2 main fabrics. I used the raspberry as an accent

They're super stuffed and you can tell which chair I've been sitting on. I need to swap out my chairs to squish down the other cushions.
My butt is comfy now.
 I'm really happy with the way they came out. They're comfy and completely washable. 

2 comments:

Lea said...

I've been meaning to make new cushions for our dining room chairs for AGES!  Was it hard?

teawithfrodo said...

It wasn't