It was ugly and poop brown, but it was free on Freecycle. It had potential and I knew I could make something really cute out of it.
I started by taking it apart. I took all the staples out of fabric and found the foam was still in good shape.
The drawer was out of alignment so I popped it back in place and added some glue to keep it there.
Once the glue was dry I took everything out to the yard and spray painted it white. I used an all in one spray and did 2 coats. Since both the boys were sleeping when I did this I didn't get any pictures of this step.
Next I took the brown fabric and laid it out on top of my new fabric. The brown fabric had 3 pieces but my fabric was wide enough to just cut the shape in one piece.
I sewed up the corners and put it on top of the foam piece. Then I stapled the underside of the fabric to the ottoman. This was a 2 person job, I held the fabric while Ben did the staples so again I have no pictures of this step.
I took the top and glued it back on the base so it didn't slide around. Gorilla glue is great for this.
I love how it looks now. Fun and bright. I also love the fabric. It's perfectly tacky but ads the right amount of color.
If I knew I could sell these things I'd keep refinishing furniture, but we're running out of room for things. Which really sucks because I saw a great gossip bench at Goodwill that I really wanted to fix up.