Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Unpaper Towels

Everyone knows I love my cloth diapers.  We use cloth wipes, cloth napkins and cloth cleaning wipes. But what the hell is an unpaper towel?
We go through more paper towels than I'd like to admit and I wanted to find a better option. I found a simple tutorial and got working.
I chose to go with a darker terry so stains wouldn't show up easily. I also managed to get flannel on clearance at Joann's for $1.50 a yard. I also used my serger to sew them together instead of stitching, turning and top stitching.
Having them snapped on the roll is really convenient since I have limited counter space.
Now I just see the commercials for paper towels and laugh.  Even Ben thinks they are great and loves using them.  He can wipe down the counter and then leave the towel for wiping up again later.

I'm trying to get enough "growl towels" to make myself a dozen Memphis Grizzlies towels.


Don't forget to enter the Name My Serger Contest/Giveaway


2 comments:

Julia @ Natural Parents Network said...

I am planning on getting some unpaper towels soon! I heard they work really well, even better than a normal papertowel anyway. :). It's convincing my husband who loves paper towels that is the problem.

TeawithFrodo said...

They are much more absorbent than paper towels. Plus they last longer. They don't break while you are scrubbing things and if you're just wiping up water you can leave it over the edge of the sink to wipe up next time.

Just remind your husband this means less taking out the trash, less buying them and cleaner counters.