Thursday, October 4, 2012

What do you mean "mid-fall break"?

I've been informed that next week is mid-fall break at my son's school.  Garrett has been doing so well in his special needs program.  He comes home with new words each day. He happily gets on the bus each morning and every afternoon when I pick him up he gives me a big hug.

I'm just not ready for him to be on break. And I don't think he's going to be too happy about it. He likes going to school, he looks forward to it.  All weekend he'll grab his backpack and say "I go, I go".   Admittedly I'm going to miss the mornings to myself to get crafting done. The pets are going to miss the chilling out time.
They're going to miss this for a week

I remind myself that I am lucky he likes school and wants to go. We're also lucky that he's IN school and we have a wonderful program that is helping him make strides every day.

No comments: