Friday, February 3, 2012

fundraising for FORCE Memphis

Those who have been reading my blog are aware that I have the BRCA2 mutation. They also know I've been working with Michelle over at http://tatatothegirls.blogspot.com/ to start a Memphis chapter for FORCE- Facing Our Risk Of Cancer Empowered


http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/irenerodda/ireneroddasfundraisingpage
We need to start off by raising some funds for our chapter. I hope you will help or at least share this message. FORCE offers amazing resources and support for women and men who are at risk for breast cancer. 

This is a cause close to my heart. My mother had breast cancer in 2008 and her birth mother died from breast cancer in 1954. I want to make sure I am here for Garrett and able to watch him grow up. Knowing my resources has helped me feel confident that I will have many years with my son.
Being aware and having the knowledge to help with early detection (and in some cases prevention) is important. Please help us share this knowledge and support with others in Memphis.


2 comments:

Krys said...

I'm in the process of becoming an outreach coordinator for the Seattle chapter! I'm pretty excited about it - good luck with your fundraising! 

teawithfrodo said...

 I love seeing other people who want to do this as well. It's been such a great support to people.
Best of luck with your chapter. Maybe we can share ideas in the future.